This AiMark Usage License Agreement ("AULA") is an agreement between you and the Stichting AiMark Institute i.o. (“AiMark Institute”) (a legal entity according to the law of the Kingdom of the Netherlands) for the AiMark KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT.
1. DEFINITION OF THE AIMARK KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT
The on-going market and consumer research and knowledge building programs of the AiMark community of academics and practitioners generate a continuous flow of Results, Insights and Learnings on business topics like ‘Branding & Innovation’ , ‘Effectiveness of Marketing Actions’, ‘Consumer Wellbeing’ and ‘Retailing and e-commerce’. This ongoing flow of Results, Insights and Learnings, hereinafter called the ‘KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT’ may include consumer behaviour models, consultancy frameworks, data sets, reports and associated media, printed materials, software, algorithms and "online" or electronic documentation.
2. THE KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT LICENSE
The KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
3. GRANT OF LICENCE
This AULA grants you the non-exclusive and non-transferable right to use the KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT in your R&D, Marketing & Trade Support activities. You are not allowed to use the KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT, for commercial activities outside your company unless you enter into a marketing license agreement with Stichting AiMark.
4. SOURCE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
You are allowed and obliged when using components of the KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT in internal and external publication to acknowledge the source ‘AiMark’ and the names of the academics who contributed to the component you are referring to. AiMark reserves all rights not expressly granted to you.
5. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS
- Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by AiMark.
- Support Services. The AiMark community may provide you with support services related to the KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT ("Support Services"), e.g. as part of a tailor made project or Commercial Service to one of your clients. Any supplemental Result, Insight or Learning provided to you as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT and subject to the terms and conditions of this AULA. With respect to information and data you provide to AiMark as part of the Support Services or in connection with the work performed in the framework of your Research Proposal, AiMark may use such information for its academic and business purposes, including for new insights development. AiMark will not utilize such market, consumer and/or technical information in a form that personally identifies your clients.
- Product Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this AULA, provided the recipient agrees to the terms of this AULA.
- Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, AiMark may terminate this AULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this AULA. In such event, you must destroy all your copies of the KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
- Copyright. All title and copyrights in and to the KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT (including but not limited to any data sets, images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, and text incorporated into the KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT) the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT are owned by AiMark or its data or academic partners. The KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Therefore, you must treat the KNOWLEDGE PRODUCT like any other copyrighted material.